Root Cause Analysis Tools
Tools to permanently eliminate operational inefficiency and failures
The participant goes beyond the concepts and tools of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), to apply the lessons learned to his own context of operation, through workshops especially designed to self appropriate the fundamental principles;
- to systematically recognize anomalies,
- to prioritize anomalies in order to treat them accordingly,
- to implement a process and mobilizing tools, easy to use for the workforce,
- to permanently eliminate operational inefficiency and failures.
This training is for people involved or having an interest in the management of physical assets, operational excellence or maintenance engineering, and looking for a new perspective.
Public: Managers, engineers, technicians, planners, analysts, maintainers, operators and professionals involved in asset management
Objectives: Gain the tools necessary to identify and permanently eliminate the causes of operational inefficiency and failure using the principles of the Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Define dependability and operational indicators
- Define Root Cause Analysis, process and method
- Explore improvement axis and related tools
- Master the tools and methods of analysis
Methodology: Through presentations, workshops promoting exchange and analysis exercises, the participant becomes familiar with the concepts of root cause analysis, so that he can implement it in a sustainable process.
- Presentations and exchanges (60%), analysis exercises (40%)
Outcome: The participant is equipped with analysis tools and understands their implementation in a process to prioritize anomalies. He acquires the knowledge to identify and definitively solve significant problems, using root cause analysis (RCA).
Team building: The mixed groups made up of several trades, professions and hierarchical levels create a unifying dynamic where each one understands his role within the whole. The common knowledge base combined with the workshops create a synergy between the participants. This opens up new channels of communication and restores those which are dry, even conflicting.
Duration: 2 days (16 hours) – also available in 3 days session, to allow more time for workshops and discussions
Content: This training session includes;
- 1 enthusiastic and passionate trainer who knows how to popularize to really transmit knowledge, tools, concepts and above all, know-how
- 11 lectures, each followed by a quiz to assess the knowledge learned and stimulate thinking
- 8 workshops, where the participant puts into practice the knowledge acquired in his own operational context
- 1 participant manual, including the full presentation, the P-CAM process, workshops, lists of failure modes, causes, remedies, detection methods and associated maintenance activities, definitions and references used
- 1 toolbox containing improvement axes and tools
- 1 toolbox containing analysis tools and methods for solving problems / anomalies / failures
- 1 template – Root cause analysis report
- 1 template – 5 whys analysis report
- 1 template – RCA Presentation of solutions
- 1 nominative certificate of participation
Quality assurance: Training evaluation form to be completed and returned after the session, to receive the certificate of participation.
Terms: The training session is provided on your site or remotely. The dates are reserved by mutual agreement at least 4 weeks in advance (2 days consecutive or not, or 4 half-days depending on the dates agreed).
For on-site training, a room of sufficient capacity to accommodate all participants and the trainer must be made available for the duration of the training. This room must be equipped with a board and the material necessary for its use (chalk/pencils and erasing brush), as well as a projector/presentation screen compatible with a laptop computer.
Remote training sessions require the use of a high speed internet connection and a computer with microphone, speakers and camera.
Train at your own pace for a fraction of the price:
Group rate: €3,600 (3 days session €5,400) excluding taxes for a group of up to 16 participants (add travel costs for on-site training).
Contact email@example.com for more information or to reserve dates with a minimum non-refundable deposit of 25% of the registration fee.
Individual rate: €930 excluding taxes to participate in a public remote training session.
Schedules of public remote training sessions:
Trainer: Pascal CLEMENT, CRL, CRE, CMRP
Dependability concepts (5%)
- Context and definitions
- Dependability (RAMS)
- Operational indicators
Anomaly analysis process (50%)
- Identify the anomaly
- Evaluate its consequences
- Root cause analysis
- Identify and analyze the problem
- Set up and validate solutions
- Optimize asset management strategies
Tools and methods of analysis (45%)
- Improve availability and maintainability
- Improvement tools and axis
- Targeting method and general analyzes
- Cause identification tools
- Failure analysis tools